Tuesday 17 November 2009

Day 2: Rhythm

Two down and twenty three to go!
I can see that there is going to be a real rhythm to this experience as the days roll by. It might be a little like giving blood on a daily basis...
Go in, see all the familiar faces, take your position, get your daily dose of radiation and on to the next one...
The truth is it is all a little surreal for me. Especially the setting. I keep wanting to pinch myself. Is this my life? Today in the waiting room I was next to someone with what was clearly some very advanced lung cancer. He was wheezing constantly and there was a lot of laboured breathing. The poor man looked like he had been through some really tough times. Once again it was time for me to take stock and realize how tough things can be for some people.

There is a definite feeling associated with the radiation treatment. I went in feeling somewhat recovered after a good nights rest and then after today's session I experienced the same basic bodily sensation. It is hard to explain. It is this very zingy feeling -- a little like I had an electrical shock earlier in the day and like I am very speedy and a little altered. Like I said it is hard to pin point but definitely a distinct sensation. A little like biting down on tin foil. Maybe someone out there knows how that feels...
I am including some art I found on line by someone called Keith Peters. I will make an effort from here on in to provide the name of the artist so they get credit for their work. His work evokes a very definite feeling. It looks like it is all generated on a computer. Very interesting work, if I might say so myself.
Until tomorrow...

No comments:

Post a Comment