Monday 7 December 2009

Day 16: It's cold out there!

We woke up this morning to a very cold morning in Victoria. It was -6 C and there has been a wicked wind blowing all weekend making it feel that much colder. The nice thing about this weather is that we are also experiencing clear blue skies and lots of sun shine. I will always favour the cold days with sunny skies over the endless gray rain we were having a little while back.
This also marks the beginning of week four for me. Ten treatments to go -- Almost there!
Kai was having a really tough time last night knowing I was leaving again today for Vancouver. I made a real effort this weekend to do things with the kids -- at times pushing my fatigue a little far. We moved the basketball hoop onto the street for a flatter playing surface and had some really good games. We were playing "roller blade basket ball" -- a unique game played only here in Oak Bay behind the tweed curtain. I think the fun factor on the weekend might have added to Kai feeling a little more sad than usual last night. He even came down into our bed last night for a good cozy cuddle. I am so lucky that at age 11 he still does this once in a while. I miss having those little kids that were on my lap 24-7. They really do grow up far to quickly.
Well, I am off to catch a ferry...

No comments:

Post a Comment