Friday 11 December 2009

Day 20: Festive Weekend

The weekend is upon us again and I have completed four out of five of my weeks. Not bad considering this was feeling like a long stretch ahead not that long ago. I am anticipating a fairly festive weekend on a number of fronts. For one there is snow on the horizon due to very cold snap of weather we have been experiencing. I don't like it from the point of view of making it to the ferry to get to Victoria, but I have to admit that it feels appropriate given the looming Xmas holidays.
Tomorrow morning we are slated to go pick up our Xmas tree and so a big portion of the weekend will be dedicated to making the house festive. The kids love the tree decorating. It makes for some good tradition in our home where we put on some good seasonal music and everyone makes the tree look festive.
There are also all the other end of year Christmas events. Kai has a Xmas school dance today for which he is very pumped. He is getting dressed up for the formal occasion. I would love to be a fly on the wall and see how he manages in a "dance" setting. Lots of titillation I am sure!
It is time for us to start our holiday baking in earnest as well. As we say in our household "butter makes the world better"! Apparently Pippin was already part of a friend's cookie making event this week where half of their creations were delivered to a homeless shelter. She told me the other half were gobbled up. No surprise she felt really gross after that.
Then on Saturday night Skye and I are going to a colleague's house for a little bit of holiday cheer. Add it all up, and throw in piano and swimming lessons and it feels like it is going to be plenty busy. Somewhere in there I will need to find some time to rest.
I imagine the same busyness might be permeating the lives of others out there as well. Good luck with it all.
Until Monday ....


No comments:

Post a Comment