Monday 14 December 2009

Day 21: Good times ahead

Well here we go. It is week five on this journey and I am feeling quite good all said and done. I am really looking forward to the holiday time ahead with the family -- especially because we will all be off together. It will be a time to regroup a little after my stint away and Skye will hopefully get some rest after holding down the fort for the last month with Bay and the kids.
John arrives this week as well so it will feel complete to have us all together under one roof enjoying our usual Xmas holiday together. It has been an especially good year for us as an extended family (with our European stint and our Kootenay time). We will have lots to reminisce over as we dig into the wine, baking, good cheeses and all the seasonal food that often mark the end of the year.

I am really going to miss Cam, Cristina and the kids on this side of the water. After living with them for the last four weeks I have become attached to them and I feel like I am one of the family. Spending extended times with their little ones (Luca and Anna) has made me realize how much our own kids have changed, matured and aged over the last few years. Skye and I have really left the little kid phase of our parenting journey. Little ones have such enthusiasm and soooo much energy. I already miss that stage of life in my kids. I should have had a gargantuan brood. What do you say Skye?
Maybe in another life...

No comments:

Post a Comment