Tuesday 8 December 2009

Day 17: Inspiration from Lizanne

I woke up this morning and started the day out by looking at Lizanne's current travel blog. What a lovely inspiring post. It is so amazing to be on the other end now -- here at home observing someone else out there in the world breathing in all that the universe has to offer. It is such a reminder! When we were traveling we were so hyper aware of our environment, taking in all the little morsels around us throughout our days.
Here is Lizanne"s blog link for those who do not have it:
http://lizannearoundafrica.blogspot.com/

I loved the part where Lizanne spoke about arriving in the mountain village and had eight hours to pass by with little to do. The simple act of slowing down and being present is such a good practice. When we were traveling, I sometimes would wake up really early (especially in Asia) -- at sunrise and go walking about with my camera taking in the sights. I loved the morning light and would watch people begin their daily routines. That act of being an outsider looking in is very rich when one is traveling. This current blip in my life is definitely giving me lots of time to look at my life from the outside.
Alright, enough reflection for one day. The sun beckons...

No comments:

Post a Comment