Thursday 10 December 2009

Day 19: Male bonding

Last night I had the pleasure of going out and visiting with my very good male friends, Cam and Craig. Of course, the intelligent thing to do would have been to rest and sleep early but the "right" thing to do was to go get some good male bonding. The evening involved some good philosophical chats, an incredibly cathartic steam bath (at Craig's house) and lots of good late night snacking over good conversations about our favourite topic: sex! Funny how when you put together good male friends it seems like that becomes the inevitable conversation of choice. We are all still teenagers at our core.
Skye will be shocked and disappointed (because I am supposed to be healing over here with long restful sleeps) but Cam and I finally rolled into bed at 2h30 in the morning. Yes it was late and maybe not the most sensible thing to do for a person undergoing radiation treatments but it was thoroughly satisfying. It was the right thing to do! I woke up feeling connected and fed by my male brothers. Funny how catharsis comes in so many different shapes and forms.

This time has been a real reminder for me how great it is to be connected with such amazing friends. Skye and I have developed a very special bond with a group of friends over the years and it is wonderful how those bonds have continued to develop over time. Thanks all you beautiful friends! You all make my life so much more enjoyable and meaningful.
Now it is time for me to get out of my underwear and into some clothing for the day. It is lunch time already. Am I a teenager or what?

1 comment:

  1. Hi there,

    I am reading this at 2:30 pm in Wales, drinking coffee and still wearing my pajamas!

    Woo hoo!

    Kathryn

    ReplyDelete