Thursday 17 December 2009

Day 25:I made it!

Yes, yes, yes... I am happy to say I can move on after today back to the regular rhythms of my life. No more melodramatic blog entries to pass my days. No more morning soaps. No more mindless thrifting for hours on end. No more endless commuting between Victoria and Vancouver. No more traffic jams. No more 12 hour sleeps.
No more endless chats about miraculous cures, cancers, tumors and dying.
Instead it will be a time to be back with my lovely clan complete with all the daily mundane domestic responsibilities of a dad. I look forward to the simplicity of having my life back. The kids will no longer be looking at me wondering when this is going to end. Most importantly, I can return to being just the Ronato I am known to be -- rather than the one with the tumor.
It will be a matter of waiting now for those wondering when I will find out if the radiation has been successful. Six months from now, the doctor will do a comparative MRI and then they will be able to see how the tumor has responded. The outcome is expected to be very positive. There it is . . . There will be no more "tumor" blogging from here on in.
Just occasional whimsical mindless chatter....
I am off to my last appointment.
Happy holidays all...

1 comment:

  1. Yippee Nato - you made it through!! Have a wonderful holiday and lots of good cheer. We will be thinking of you guys and look forward to seeing you sometime in the new year (will have to plan a date).
    Love + hugs,
    Beckett-Graham clan

    ReplyDelete